Future of WoW

Here you can ask everything that's WoW related.

Moderator: Dust

Dust
The Boss

Future of WoW

Post by Dust » 04 May 2009 15:36

I am not entirely sure what the future of World of Warcraft will look like. Of course not.

But if Ulduar and 3.1 is an indication, the following things will happen:
- Homogenisation of Classes: Classes will get abilities of others to make them more flexible and lessen the differences between the classes. There will be more healer- and more tank specs.
This is beneficial I think, it makes a guild more flexible, since the lineup for a raid does not have to be as strict. Dual Specs help here as well.
- Recycling of Content: Encounters will be recycled and repeated. What was seen in Naxx already (10 and 25 person mode) is even stronger in Ulduar, Hard-Modes try to offer a challenge for motivated players without introducing new encounters.
This might become problematic. With more places to go, finding a common place everyone can agree on is harder.
- Achievements: See Recycling of Content. They are basically quests without questgiver and often without reward.

Of course, WoW has always been repetitive, and the basic structure has not changed since launch. How long will it be able to keep subscribers?
I do what I think is right. But I don't think that what I think is right can not be wrong.
MindyMcfly
Die-Harder

Re: Future of WoW

Post by MindyMcfly » 05 May 2009 14:05

They dropped the ball with making epics being so easy to get, back in the day you were in 40 man groups and very lucky if you got drops.

These days status is in a title or what colour proto-drake your riding. :roll:
----------------------------------------

GM of Real-Life™

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Kira

Post by Kira » 05 May 2009 14:21

MindyMcfly wrote:They dropped the ball with making epics being so easy to get, back in the day you were in 40 man groups and very lucky if you got drops.

Indeed, in the old days you considered yourself lucky if you got an epic that was an upgrade for you. Now you basically had a bad evening of raiding if you didn't get something. Epics were still rare and hard earned back then... good old days :)
Gyon
Die-hard

Post by Gyon » 05 May 2009 14:59

huh? :shock:
epics are still epics to me tbh. Last loot I got was when we downed OS 3D. Since lost out on everything.
Cend

Post by Cend » 05 May 2009 15:05

Ow?What are those orange thingies you been gathering lately then Gyon? :|
Dust
The Boss

Post by Dust » 05 May 2009 15:06

Wasn't much better for me, I almost exclusively got ugly things, and not even much of those. But it's not as bad as waiting for half a year for Staff of Dominance :)
I do what I think is right. But I don't think that what I think is right can not be wrong.
Dust
The Boss

Post by Dust » 05 May 2009 15:06

Cend wrote:Ow?What are those orange thingies you been gathering lately then Gyon? :|
They are Legendary :D
Gyon
Die-hard

Post by Gyon » 05 May 2009 15:28

Cend wrote:Ow?What are those orange thingies you been gathering lately then Gyon? :|
have got 2 so far:) we know its not going to be completed tomorrow, so does it justify me not getting anything else ? :P
I am not even "Epic" lol. that legendary even if completed will look cool with ilevel187:P
anyhow dont mean to complain. just saying: epics are still epics to me sad it sounds hehe
Fangfury
Die-hard

Post by Fangfury » 05 May 2009 17:35

MindyMcfly wrote:They dropped the ball with making epics being so easy to get, back in the day you were in 40 man groups and very lucky if you got drops.

I was SO proud to own a full Tier 2 Mages kits for Ailisha (its still in the bank) it took months and months of BWL and was the ultimate in gear for a little while longer, then AQ40 and Naxx came along and ruined it all. Its still a great piece of kit now, especially with some mage talents allowing you to fire Fireballs off like a machine gun.

The noble Argent Dawn looks beyond petty issues and differences
MindyMcfly
Die-Harder

Post by MindyMcfly » 06 May 2009 11:51

Back in the MC days I played as a hunter, getting my first epic was amazing! Didnt see another one untill ZG though, I had the same gear for what seemed to be an age.

GM of Real-Life™

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Etherin

Post by Etherin » 12 May 2009 07:27

MindyMcfly wrote:Back in the MC days I played as a hunter, getting my first epic was amazing! Didnt see another one untill ZG though, I had the same gear for what seemed to be an age.
Hehe I remember that lil hunter running round Loch modan with your spider before I took you up in my bossom and made you an officer of SBO :P
MindyMcfly
Die-Harder

Post by MindyMcfly » 18 May 2009 12:25

Heehee, that spider from the loch... caused utter chaos in my first ever Dead Mines... Hurah for harsh learning :|

I spent hours and hours farming gold for the mats to make Core Marksman Rifle so I could raid in MC.

Upgrading my dungeon kit was a time & gold sink for Mindy (turning blues into purples), and first started raiding her in AQ20 due to needing mana drainers for Moam.

I was happier than a pig in muck when I did the "Perfect Poison" quest and got Shivsprocket's Shiv!

Oh how the game has changed since level 60 endgame.

GM of Real-Life™

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")