Do you like the Cataclysm changes?

Here you can ask everything that's WoW related.

Moderator: Dust

Do you like the Cataclysm changes

Yes
22%
Mostly
39%
Only Some
22%
No
17%

Total votes: 18
Gyon
Die-hard

Re: Do you like the Cataclysm changes?

Post by Gyon » 18 Oct 2010 12:14

http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.htm ... 6206&sid=1

says it all

dont come back Ibu, this will only make u want to go off again:/
MindyMcfly
Die-Harder

Post by MindyMcfly » 18 Oct 2010 12:30

My Paladin is well geared but since the patch I feel soft and squishy, Ive read nothing but complains.

On the plus side Warlocks didnt do too bad out of the changes, soul swap, jinx, guardians and the new soul refill/self heal is pretty damn good.

Just need my last 5 points and Ill be happy :wink:
----------------------------------------

GM of Real-Life™

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Genetics
Die-hard

Post by Genetics » 18 Oct 2010 16:26

- i dont like the new dk changes, i dont have any control like before. dont have time to check my heals, dont have time to apply diseases, run out of runes fast, so grabbing many ads is harder :s
shiftnshape

Post by shiftnshape » 18 Oct 2010 18:05

untill everyone can get the higher level skills its gonna be a pain to do a lot of things the game is tuned to level 85 and the new gear some of the blue gear for level 80 is miles better than most of the epics we can get now so until we get those new pieces of gear its gonna be wiered.
Dust
The Boss

Post by Dust » 18 Oct 2010 18:16

I read up on the new theorycraft, so I like the mage changes a bit more. But also, mages seem to have gotten away good with the patch, our power increased quite a bit compared to pre-patch, even without optimized gear.
I do what I think is right. But I don't think that what I think is right can not be wrong.
Cyberia
Site Admin

Post by Cyberia » 18 Oct 2010 18:18

You know mages are getting de-buffed fairly soon.
Dust
The Boss

Post by Dust » 18 Oct 2010 21:32

We already got.
I do what I think is right. But I don't think that what I think is right can not be wrong.
Zelorra

Post by Zelorra » 19 Oct 2010 20:03

Dust wrote:We already got.
Well, if that is a debuff, they should throw one on hunters too :P

Here is what I've tried so far:

Hunter:

BM - Moar dps than before, relatively funny, a little boring
MM - Most dps, extremely, even fantastically boring

Dps is crap, this will surely get fixed, otherwise many hunters will be around AH.

Arcane Mage: Boring like forever, but extremely funny, I feel like playing an arcade game. So maybe arcade mage is the proper name. It can be very funny if you don't wait for the tank to get aggro "Is that hard to wait 3 seconds?" "Yes it is, the crazy dk kills everything in 1.56 seconds"

Ret pala: I've heard about nerfing palas, making them not so "faceroll", so I've selected some talents, no new glyphs, went to a random and got 1st place dps after 15 minutes of playing (no crazy mage, dk around). I have crap gear but he hits like a train. Still faceroll, or I'm a genius in the morning

Warlock: Spec demo, looked at the talents, head hurt, logged out. I think I'll need around 3 weeks to have an idea how to play a warlock. That is a hard class :idea: Meta is awesome, I've always loved pimp demons

Rogue: Gathered some flowers in Sholazar

DK: Haven't tried yet, I'm afraid of dead people. Undead too

I hear about that 85 tuning all the time, but I don't get it. I think people are having false expectations, like hitting 85 transforming them suddenly in something awesome
Cend

Post by Cend » 19 Oct 2010 22:05

Not lvl 85 but some classes/specs do get key abilities between 81-85 that have huge effect on how they work :)
Zelorra

Post by Zelorra » 19 Oct 2010 22:18

...which is very, very, very stupid. Unless you prefer one of the other classes, who are high in the sky without those wonderful talents. They should have given those wonderful abilities evenly distributed per classes / levels to maintain some balance. But I somehow feel / hope that the tomorrow's patch will bring some nice changes :P