Whats your fondest Memory of playing WOW?

Here you can ask everything that's WoW related.

Moderator: Dust

MindyMcfly
Die-Harder

Whats your fondest Memory of playing WOW?

Post by MindyMcfly » 21 Jan 2011 10:51

We all have so many stories, first kills, getting that epic mount when they were expensive, that first epic.

What sticks in your mind as a real stand out moment?
----------------------------------------

GM of Real-Life™

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Idorian
Die-hard

Re: Whats your fondest Memory of playing WOW?

Post by Idorian » 21 Jan 2011 10:54

- The moment our main tank died at Nefarian, I think it was Ltuan, and I took over in my dps gear till nefarian died.
- First Ragnaros appearance and kill ofc :)
- My first polymorph in Tony :D (will never forget those weapons, to bad dk's can't use fist weapons)
MindyMcfly
Die-Harder

Post by MindyMcfly » 21 Jan 2011 11:43

One that stands out for me was the Illidan fight, being the demon phase tank was such a buzz and after a very traumatic time for TCW getting that boss down meant so much to me.

Being "Conqueror of Ulduar" is also very special, every fight was a butt clenching nightmare.
----------------------------------------

GM of Real-Life™

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Noolah

Post by Noolah » 21 Jan 2011 12:36

First and only kill of the Twin Emp's in AQ, I'd been carrying around the bits for a nice new staff for weeks. I think I scared the BLEEP out of the whole block of flats with my screams of elation at downing those gits.
Fangfury
Die-hard

Post by Fangfury » 21 Jan 2011 17:27

Playing as Roxanne (guilds first and only Engineer for a LONG time) and being one of the first on the server to have found the schematic for the Sniper Scope. This was early vanilla when money/large bags/rares were still very uncommon. I made a small fortune off them (even though you couldn't charge that much as there was not a lot of wealth around) it paid for my mount which was a LONG grinding process as I believe the riding skill was 100g back then and the mount quite expensive too.

The having to pull nearly every single boss in MC with Hawkeye's or Kido's cat pet, and then dash it back to us (the mispulls we had were hilarious espcially when the cat went a weird way to one of the bosses and ended up pulling a different boss and tonnes of adds, Hawkeye was swearing in chat so much about his stupid cat). Also the first time I saw Ragnaros rising from the lava pool. I thought that was amazing (sadly missed the first kill as it was my turn to pass. We had lots of healers in the alliance with Magnae Mammae (MM) back then :P ). The break up of the alliance we had with Joyma and MM (almost destroyed our guild, more than any other time) also because of this we then struggled beating Razorgore and Vaelastrasz (SO many 1% wipes on that boss it eclipses all others).

I could go on and on. So many memories and strangely nearly all of them were from the vanilla days (the good old days tbh).

The noble Argent Dawn looks beyond petty issues and differences
Khazdara

Post by Khazdara » 23 Jan 2011 16:39

The things i most remember, are the PVP Raids i Organized on Tarren Mill & Underworld. 80 people and more.! Just Amasing!

And ofc lots & lots raids expierence and fun! Downing bosses for a first time always a great achievement!
Khaznaga, Dwarf Warrior 80.
Stuvvie
Die-hard

Post by Stuvvie » 27 Jan 2011 18:53

First thing that felt like a achievement was getting Dal'Rends swords. It was probably utter rubbish but at the time I was so happy with them.

Also I loved the 10 man dungeons, UBRS, Stratholme....those instances were fantastic. Went on to get even better after that.

Especially the best thing I ever saw was running UBRS with Eriksen (TLW Priest) who wanted his devout robe so BAD. After tons of runs he finally get's it to drop and some guy ninja's everything on the boss including the shield...Draconic Defender? Everyone was so depressed :) After he finally got the devout robe he quickly replaced it with T1 :p

Levelling with Viro, Yiggie, Jem and everyone else was also a blast. Really stuck together a long time :)

Tanking as a Hemo rogue was fun :) AQ20 and ZG20 runs were always much fun.

Killing Twin Emps with TCW, always went so well only to end so badly. Then mastering the trash up to C'Thun and when you want to take a serious look at him you get one shotted. Even played 3 different rogues during that time, playing for others who couldn't play that evening so they could get their weapons. Quite fun playing as a dwarf or gnome rogue :P

Getting Ltuan his thunderfury was something special aswell!
Nochnoy & Stuvvie

Just plays a game, for fun.
gator

Post by gator » 30 Jan 2011 22:14

definitly downing ragnaros amazing moment! :D
Jem
Die-hard

Post by Jem » 31 Jan 2011 00:29

Pre-raid: It was going from Teldrassil to Darkshore and for the first tim seeing a female Gnome in the camp - I had basically started playing Wow going straight for a NE Hunter.
That evening I also met Stuvvie and Virocana and we started exploring entire Kalimdor - we went to Orgrimmar, did the underwater quests - everything was absolutely new. After that I rerolled a Gnome Lock and had a hard time catching up with Yiggie, Stuvvie and Viro.

Regarding the initial raiding game later, my key experience was Garr add tanking, but joining TCW everything became different.

My one best moment was actually killing Vael. To this date it was the most energetic fight for me. Everything happened rapidly, going through the tanks and watching the debuffs - seeing him go down made me scream so loud my neighbours complained.

The next best was our first Nef kill. Beautiful. It was a long, long fight and I would head out and go out of sight of the healers during lock call to lifetap and Obilee would always still find me and heal :) The first kill was amazing - it was the first time we made the add phase and for some reason we made it all the way! The /1 chat channel was alive with some really nice comments from Shattered Heart who we had supported getting Thunderfury :)

Next best experience was tanking the Twin Emps on our guild first kill. However the trash afterwards was really annoying - for me the worst design Blizzard ever did...
Tiel
Die-hard

Post by Tiel » 18 Feb 2011 15:41

I would have to say my first character, my first experiences, not knowing what to expect. The atmosphere in the game, the music and the sounds.. Just wonderful.
My first char was an undead mage in beta, december 2004 I think, two months before the game came out. Got it to level 27!
Then I started a troll shaman and got a random invite to The Core Within Beta. The pvp raids and world events with countless infernals falling from the sky was just awesome. The feelings and thrills from back then I never got back, I really miss that.

Raiding was nice too, especially finishing off hard raid end bosses; Rag, Nef and Emps and stuff.
Still, the world itself and discovering new places on my own was always the coolest for me.