So its gonna be Pandas ! ! !

Here you can ask everything that's WoW related.

Moderator: Dust

shiftnshape

So its gonna be Pandas ! ! !

Post by shiftnshape » 21 Oct 2011 23:45

next expac is mist of pandas looks good so far and the commit to 12 months sub and get diablo 3 for free is gonna get a few players if you ask me.
Dust
The Boss

Re: So its gonna be Pandas ! ! !

Post by Dust » 22 Oct 2011 01:13

I am not sure if I like it. They'll gimp talent trees again, and give us even less flexibility.
I do what I think is right. But I don't think that what I think is right can not be wrong.
Jem
Die-hard

Post by Jem » 22 Oct 2011 10:08

Basically we have no skill trees anymore. Just a choice of 6 out of 18 spells. All mechanics change again, too. Just as I was getting good at demo :-)
The 12 month commit offer is interesting. Basically boost Wow revenue figures at the expense of Diablo sales - seems to be to convince shareholders that Wow will regain revenue.
Pandas look silly - and I say that as a gnome.
Dust
The Boss

Post by Dust » 22 Oct 2011 10:56

I heard there will be a new class, Poketrainer, with a complete new pet battle mechanic. Sounds tempting.
I do what I think is right. But I don't think that what I think is right can not be wrong.
Dust
The Boss

Post by Dust » 22 Oct 2011 11:09

shiftnshape

Post by shiftnshape » 22 Oct 2011 14:20

Dust wrote:I heard there will be a new class, Poketrainer, with a complete new pet battle mechanic. Sounds tempting.
come on pokemon in wow gotta catch them all you know , its all about ways of giving players other ways of getting JP and XP so you just dont run dungeons over and over again. The talent system looks a bit strange at the moment like mages being able to sheep 2 targets.
Jasoran
Die-hard

Post by Jasoran » 22 Oct 2011 14:47

http://wow.joystiq.com/2011/10/21/blizz ... -liveblog/

It's in reverse chronological order, so read it from the bottom up. ;)

The overwhelming majority of the work seems to be going into rejiggering all the vanity pets into the new Pokemon-clone mini-game. Great, another time wasting distraction, like Archeology. So glad I'm out of this game...

The changes to weapon itemization and other class tweaks seem fine TBH, but the big spec/talent rework seems like just another way to immunize the kiddies against gimping themselves. They've said they want to get away from cookie-cutter builds.... and their solution turns out to be removing builds entirely. What I get from this is that specializations will be completely divorced from talents: the specs will no longer have any options but just give you a set of abilities and be switchable at a trainer, while talents will be cross-spec and hot-swappable as long as you're OOC. Hmmm... I'm getting a feeling they've looked long and hard at the GW2 system of swapping utility skills and traits on the fly...

Another thing that gives me deja vu is the PvE Scenarios, which sound like simplified versions of GW2s Dynamic Events.

Dust
The Boss

Post by Dust » 22 Oct 2011 18:22

I happen to like Pokémon :) Not archeology though...

I think Jas is right with respect to the talents. Specs are now detached from Talents, talents are more like "Pick one of Three Spells" than a real spec customisation way. Ah well. As far as I know myself, I'll probably test it...
MindyMcfly
Die-Harder

Post by MindyMcfly » 22 Oct 2011 21:10

Already signed my 12 months contract... free diablo = no brainer for me.
----------------------------------------

GM of Real-Life™

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Dust
The Boss

Post by Dust » 22 Oct 2011 21:41

I am tempted. Then I can moan on the forum asking why diablo doesn't work while I commute.
Fangfury
Die-hard

Post by Fangfury » 23 Oct 2011 18:22

Jasoran wrote:The overwhelming majority of the work seems to be going into rejiggering all the vanity pets into the new Pokemon-clone mini-game. Great, another time wasting distraction, like Archeology. So glad I'm out of this game...
Sounds sorta fun. Maybe my Panda pet will rule them all, if not them surely Mini Diablo or the Zergling will :)

The noble Argent Dawn looks beyond petty issues and differences
Dust
The Boss

Post by Dust » 24 Oct 2011 19:32

So, 12 months commitment for a free Diablo III... http://eu.battle.net/en/int

Tempting. Especially considering that I'll likely play anyway. Here's the FAQ:
http://eu.blizzard.com/support/article. ... rhtml=true

And it's not only Diablo III, but also a mount, and beta access to the pandaren expansion (when ever it comes). On that topic: My guess is: Pandaren expansion will be released sometime in fall 2012.

Oh, and it seems that pandaren will be able to join either alliance or horde... but their reasoning is weird:
Dust
The Boss

Post by Dust » 25 Oct 2011 07:19

I gave in to the temptation... damn you blizzard! But that means I'll be playing for at least an other year :)
MindyMcfly
Die-Harder

Post by MindyMcfly » 25 Oct 2011 10:31

Baking cupcakes?
----------------------------------------

GM of Real-Life™

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Tiel
Die-hard

Post by Tiel » 25 Oct 2011 13:11

I seriously doubt the text on that screen is final :)
As for me, I don't think I'll ever find the time to go back playing. I find Cataclysm rather boring after reaching 85 and playing all dungeons a couple of times. Raiding takes too much time and it especially takes a long time actually being allowed in. I think that there should be way less focus on gearing up, but skill and general experience should be enough to prove you're ready for the job. With the way it is now they force casuals to give up time they don't wanna waste on gearing up, just so they can see everything in the game.
It's fine that there is "end game content" for elite hard workers though, but doing a below end-game raid dungeon once or twice a month is not even possible.

I wouldn't mind giving a panda a try, but it all depends on how busy I'll be doing extra jobs on the side and when my girl will be moving in with me permanently. I won't play when she's here, unless I can get her hooked. Worth a shot :)

"MoP" will probably bring lots of nice new things, for one I welcome the new talent system a lot.
There were only a selective number of standard builds that everyone used anyway. For the handful of people who want to do things differently you don't need a complex system. The time I had to respec against my will.. So sick of it.
Also, can I please skip the 20-80 zones after doing them like 8 times? I only wanna do new stuff!
So I'm now stuck leveling a panda til 20 or so, and then continue one of my 85 chars to 90?

Any info on 4.3 release date?