So its gonna be Pandas ! ! !

Here you can ask everything that's WoW related.

Moderator: Dust

Dust
The Boss

Re: So its gonna be Pandas ! ! !

Post by Dust » 25 Oct 2011 17:59

Afaik, Pandas have to level up from 1 normally, so all the old zones including outland and northrend.

I am not convinced about the new system. The old talent trees didn't allow many sane permutations, the new ones might be more flexible, but it all depends on the spells they chose to give us.

No idea about 4.3, but I hope it's soon. Transmogrification!
I do what I think is right. But I don't think that what I think is right can not be wrong.
shiftnshape

Post by shiftnshape » 26 Oct 2011 13:49

4.3 to hit in 3 weeks ish just before or after pilgrims bounty world event imo.
MindyMcfly
Die-Harder

Post by MindyMcfly » 26 Oct 2011 14:17

Annoying, still need to kill Raggy. :cry:
----------------------------------------

GM of Real-Life™

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Esoteric
Die-hard

Post by Esoteric » 06 Dec 2011 22:25

So they trying to lure back some players or get new players of age between 7 and 11 years old ?

I mean seriously ? panda's that do kung fu kinda stuff ? where did i see that before.... ow right KUNG FU PANDA !!!

Why do companies always ruin good games after every expansion ?
Don't micromanage my psychodamage.
MindyMcfly
Die-Harder

Post by MindyMcfly » 07 Dec 2011 09:59

Hey Eso, I think this is more geared at the Chinese market to keep the numbers up.
----------------------------------------

GM of Real-Life™

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Jem
Die-hard

Post by Jem » 07 Dec 2011 11:01

Well, you and Eso are saying the same... Marketing overrules lore and game design.

I really like the silliness in some aspect of the game - thought the whole presence of the Lich King and the introduction of death knights was really great. I felt Deathwing was just missing from the game - being burned to the ground in Uldum doesn't count.

Making kung-fu Pandaren just seems to be too silly.
By appealing to the masses, Blizzard risks its core audience. And when the core audience leaves, so will the masses.
Unless they focus wow about Sims or about Farm animals.
Esoteric
Die-hard

Post by Esoteric » 07 Dec 2011 16:25

Ahh wel we all know good things will fade away in the end anyway.

Classic WoW to me was prolly the nr 1 game i have ever played in my life because to me it destroyed the way i was thinking about games.
What i mean is, for the ppl +-30 all have been the witness from 8bit games where we all looked up for the new games but after the n64 games were not THAT interesting anymore it always lacked something. So yeah games got better graphics but most games were either too simpel (like a few hours later i finished the game) YES I EVEN COMPLETED DAGGER FALL !!! or lacked something else, anyway after some years the first game that got me hooked to gaming again was counter strike and then i saw that gaming (like it nintendo brought) you have to play games with more ppl so my first online game was CS for 3 years i was addicted and played it for another 2 years because lack of something else.
But then in my mail the closed beta key of WOW US which i didnt play that much as RPGs were nice but it was totally different in multiplayer aspect so i kinda left after i was like lvl 50+ orso untill a friend of mine told me he had the closed beta key for europe and thats where i met some of the members of TCW and gave me back my beloved gaming addiction happyness :D

And now like 12 years ago im again stuck in this bored evening what shall i do feeling.
I really played like a 100 games after i left wow (after killing LK 25H 3 times) but nothing gives me the pleasure i want so what to do...

TBH im waiting for a new MMORPG either like wow with gear that has only gem slots so you can build you own toon, and maybe with some more difference like be able to choose from all talents from all chars and mix that up so ppl dont be the same anymore walking in the same gear and all look the same.
OR a MMORPG but with a gameplay like naruto on the PS3 then PVP really requires skill instead of pushin 5 buttons ah well i can dream right...

Anyway i really miss TCW and the ppl in it even tho i made some you wow life like hell we all did some amazing things :D

Somethings i will still brag about untill i die are, me as last tank/half tank saving our ass on Nef, me showing darkhawk how to play rogue in AQ40 with us killing the twins first time with me as nr1 dmg dealer :p BLEEP YEAH !!!

Lets hope "titan" brings it all back for us :D

PS: someone give me a free trail so i can say hello :p (does that also work on your main account?)
Don't micromanage my psychodamage.
Jasoran
Die-hard

Post by Jasoran » 13 Dec 2011 12:43

Esoteric wrote: TBH im waiting for a new MMORPG either like wow with gear that has only gem slots so you can build you own toon, and maybe with some more difference like be able to choose from all talents from all chars and mix that up so ppl dont be the same anymore walking in the same gear and all look the same.
OR a MMORPG but with a gameplay like naruto on the PS3 then PVP really requires skill instead of pushin 5 buttons ah well i can dream right...
Well, I agree with you that WoW simply hasn't been the same since Vanilla. I don't want to delve into the whys and wherefores again, so let's just leave it at that. :roll:

But I also agree with your wishes for new directions in MMOs. That's why I have my hopes up for The Secret World (no levels, XP is spent on learning skills, every character can potentially learn every skill in the game but can only have a certain number "equipped" at one time, clothing is purely cosmetic - stats only come from weapons, three faction PvP) and Guild Wars 2 (combat is more reactive and requires movement - such as active dodging, gear can be transmuted to have any skin that you've found [WoW rushed this to market first, but GW2 announced the feature years ago], most of the PvE content is essentially public quests that are auto-joined and that evolve dynamically based on player interaction, there is 3-way open world PvP between servers).