Dungeon Challange Mode MoP

Here you can ask everything that's WoW related.

Moderator: Dust

Yima

Dungeon Challange Mode MoP

Post by Yima » 17 Jan 2012 09:12

I really thought about not to play MoP, but this seems to be a real alternative to raiding... Sounds very interesting to me!

Challenge Mode Dungeons
•Heroic mode dungeons will not be as difficult as they were in Cataclysm, instead they will be similar to the Wrath of the Lich King level difficulty.
•Challenge Mode dungeons will require you to complete a dungeon in a certain amount of time to win a medal and other rewards, similar to the Zul'Aman timed run for the bear mount.
•There are Bronze, Silver, Gold medals that will be earned based on the amount of time taken to complete the dungeon.
•You gear levels are normalized by reducing your overall item level to a set level so that everyone is on equal gear footing.
•There will be no way to get better gear and just overpower the challenge.
•Completing the Challenge on gold will incur a stacking debuff on future attempts: it’ll start with a 5% debuff, but if you manage to finish with a gold medal time on that run you’ll receive a 10% debuff on your next run, and so on.
•The challenges will reward unique gear for transmogrification and valor points.
•Other possible rewards include pets, mounts, titles, and achievements depending on your score.
•A new challenge dungeons UI will be added, allowing you to check your medals, ranking, show what rewards you can unlock, and more.
•There will be realm wide leaderboards that allow you to compete with your friends, guild, or everyone!
•Challenge Mode will work only on Pandaria dungeons at the beginning.
•Challenge Mode dungeons will use the Dungeon Finder tool.
•It is possible that the system could be expanded to raids in the future.
Dust
The Boss

Re: Dungeon Challange Mode MoP

Post by Dust » 17 Jan 2012 19:36

Nice!
I do what I think is right. But I don't think that what I think is right can not be wrong.