PTR test realm notes for patch 2.0.1

Here you can ask everything that's WoW related.

Moderator: Dust

Fonkans

Post by Fonkans » 14 Nov 2006 21:38

Something seems incorrect, or at least stupid with the hunters. Applying all changes that will happen in BC and not doing the change on Arcane Shot when Aimed is getting out of our shooting cicle is definitly STUPID.
Grumthorn
Die-hard

Post by Grumthorn » 14 Nov 2006 21:42

Fonkans wrote:Something seems incorrect, or at least stupid with the hunters. Applying all changes that will happen in BC and not doing the change on Arcane Shot when Aimed is getting out of our shooting cicle is definitly STUPID.
I was looking at that and wondering if I missed something but atm it looks like almost a big a nerf for hunters as for healers this coming patch.
Every man's death diminishes me, for I am involved in all mankind.
Therefore, send not to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
Gamberra
Die-Harder

Post by Gamberra » 14 Nov 2006 21:43

grum, i think stacking hots with differents healers will be the key for the low rank trick nerf.

3 priest+3 druids Hoting the MT, over 1800hps, and druids swiftmending from time to time., you will have more spare time i think and I hope.
Grumthorn
Die-hard

Post by Grumthorn » 14 Nov 2006 21:49

Gamberra wrote:grum, i think stacking hots with differents healers will be the key for the low rank trick nerf.

3 priest+3 druids Hoting the MT, over 1800hps, and druids swiftmending from time to time., you will have more spare time i think and I hope.
An MT cannot live by HoTs alone (well, maybe witha few treeform druids around).

If HoTs become the defacto heal priests are gonna be kinda redundant, druid HoTs are way better.
Every man's death diminishes me, for I am involved in all mankind.
Therefore, send not to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
Gamberra
Die-Harder

Post by Gamberra » 14 Nov 2006 21:55

Grumthorn wrote: An MT cannot live by HoTs alone (well, maybe witha few treeform druids around).

If HoTs become the defacto heal priests are gonna be kinda redundant, druid HoTs are way better.

never redundants, there are rogues to heal!!

and those plated rogues with almost 0% dodge and vanish key lost somewhere when they pull aggro :lol: :lol: :wink:
Alusz

Post by Alusz » 15 Nov 2006 08:22

Something seems incorrect, or at least stupid with the hunters. Applying all changes that will happen in BC and not doing the change on Arcane Shot when Aimed is getting out of our shooting cicle is definitly STUPID.
Even moreso, our ap from agi gets halved, but i saw nowhere that ranged weapons dps gets increased and that alot of hunter items will change from pure agi to agi+ap, like they are now in beta. I hope this is just an oversight in the patch notes or else hunter dps will be (more) useless untill BC arrives. :cry:
Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.
Gamberra
Die-Harder

Post by Gamberra » 15 Nov 2006 08:45

Alusz

Post by Alusz » 15 Nov 2006 09:15

Hehe, an oversight then, crappy patchnotes :wink:
Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.
Ralea

Post by Ralea » 15 Nov 2006 10:46

HoT's stackable? Nerf this imo. Even if you take in account the nerf of lower rank heals, this will be so imba in raids.

Take 7 priests on a raid and let them all place rank 6 renew on a tank, this gives (let's asume) 300hp * 7 per tick. That's 2100 hp's healed and that's without the druid HoT's.

I say let the rogues heal the rest with bandages, they are closer anyway :p

HoT's give very little agro and cost relatively cheap on mana as you can regen while waiting to cast a new HoT. This should defenantly shut up all the retards saying healers will be nerfed in TBC.
I spent my whole life
trying not to be careless.
Women and children can be careless,
but not men.
-Don Corleone
Knetter
Die-Harder

Post by Knetter » 15 Nov 2006 10:48

Keep in mind that the encounters in TBC will be designed around this mechanic of stackable HoTs, while the current encounters aren't of course. So I doubt it will have as big an impact on the new areas of the game as it will have on existing ones.
Knetter, Tiny Tank Emeritus

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity"
Gamberra
Die-Harder

Post by Gamberra » 15 Nov 2006 11:13

some encounters in naxx will become very very easy... its the usual nerf they do to the instances after several months open but this time boosting a game mechanic.
Knetter
Die-Harder

Post by Knetter » 12 Dec 2006 16:39

Knetter wrote:And something that could be interesting for ATI radeon 9600 and X600 owners:
Fixed an issue where computers with ATi video cards were sometimes
having problems when displaying a certain texture.
Ofc. this could have nothing to do with the crashes in BWL and SG, but a gnome can hope, can't he. I'll be having my new laptop (with Nvidia vpu) soon anyway, so I can switch to that for the later part of BWL.
While I don't get hard VPU crashes anymore (just done some running/jumping/twisting/turning in Nef's room), I still get screen freezes for a few seconds at times. Guess the hard crash turned into a soft reset now. Not much of a fix really.
Knetter, Tiny Tank Emeritus

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity"