Ever wanted to get to COT / Tanaris / Silithis?

Here you can ask everything that's WoW related.

Moderator: Dust

Elemag

Post by Elemag » 11 Mar 2008 16:16

"Yes I do but its such a long way... boat from Wetlands?? Fly from Darnassus?? - what a pain" I hear you say

Well how about a portal from Stormwind ? - interested? - read on.

It all comes from a low level questline starting in Dustwallow Marsh, I believe its a new questline added around the same time as the additional Mudsprocket quest hub. Ive completed the quests involved and it doesnt really take very long.

Pre-requisite quest line:
Before the actual line becomes available you'll need to do all the quests from Calia Hasting (iirc she is against the wall opp. the flight master in Theramore) - this starts with Traitors Among Us in which you need to 'debate' with a few guys saying bad things about Jaina. It follows up with A Propaganda War in which you'll need to retrieve a package in a ship at the docks, the Southern-most one. Head directly to the captain's cabin.

When handing that one in, Calia will scribble a bit, after which you're tasked to hand out some flyers in Discrediting the Deserters. Then all that's left is a small swim to an island just north-east of the docks. It's not really visible on your worldmap, but you can see it from the docks. It's the small one with a pirate ship docked to it, oh and while you are there, be sure to kill the guy to assure the End of the Deserters. With that you'll be done with Calia.

Now the actual questline:
From here you'll have to talk to Lieutenant Aden, he's a soldier on a horse located at the entrance to Dustwallow Marsh from Theramore. He gives you A Disturbing Development and you'll need to talk to Captain Wymor at Sentry Point (the watchtower just over the bridge from Theramore). From there on, look to your worldmap, you'll need to head to the first island along the eastern coast coming from theramore, and kill Garn Mathers. The hand-in is back at Sentry Point, but form on you'll be sent to Renn McGill.

Renn is located in the water off the second island along the eastern coast coming from Theramore. He gives Secondhand Diving Gear, which is a quest actually. To get the gear you'll need to hop out of the water onto the island he's next to and gather broken gear and a repair kit from objects on the island - easy to find.. After handing that in you will have to Recover the Cargo. He gives you a package which once opened contains a salvage kit and a diving helmet - if you equip the quest item diving helmet you will be able to breathe underwater - lasts 60mins iirc. Look for the burning lumber on the surface - under that you will find shipwreck debris.

Using your salvage kit on the debris wiill give you either a pice of cargo - you need six, or an angry murloc at lvl 30 odd - not too angry

Once you have six - back to Renn and he'll tell you that Jaina Must Know, and after talking to Jaina back in Theramore she'll want you to Survey Alcaz Island. Talk to the hot chick (not my words!) next to the Gryphon master and you'll get a nice flight over an area infested with 60-63 elites (yes, in Dustwallow!) . after that Jaina will swoop you away (to Stormwind) as to Warn Bolvar!. Bolvar on his part wants you to Return to Jaina. This is the one you don't ever hand in, as you may have guessed.

FYI: This is sort of an extension to the Missing Diplomat quest-line and Alcaz Island used to be the actual in-game location of the kidnapped king of Stormwind.

The way you return to Theramore is by a mage located at the bottom of the mage-tower in the mage district of Stormwind - where the portals to SW send you.

Shattrath to Theramore is no longer such a pain - portal to Stormwind, out the tower - portal to Theramore - shame its a one-way trip - but can save some significant time if you're heading that way
I have half my keyboard bound to taunt and the other half bound to sunder.
I just smash my face on my keyboard and mobs aggro to me.
Dust
The Boss

Post by Dust » 11 Mar 2008 19:29

Just set your HS to tanaris or silithus...

Mage power! :)
I do what I think is right. But I don't think that what I think is right can not be wrong.