RAGE!

Here you can talk about everything that's offtopic.

Moderator: Dust

MindyMcfly
Die-Harder

RAGE!

Post by MindyMcfly » 03 Oct 2011 15:35

Finally cracked and pre-ordered on Steam, I was swayed by the copy protection being steamworks. Seems stupid buying the disc version for it to simply gather dust like my Duke Nukem Forever.

Some pretty videos, just hope its not another Borderlands -

http://www.rage.com/en/media/media-videos
----------------------------------------

GM of Real-Life™

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Dust
The Boss

Re: RAGE!

Post by Dust » 05 Oct 2011 07:27

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2011/10/r ... -gamed.ars

Doesn't look good. "Imagine Borderlands with the fun stripped out, or Fallout without actual choice, characters, or consequences."
I do what I think is right. But I don't think that what I think is right can not be wrong.
MindyMcfly
Die-Harder

Post by MindyMcfly » 05 Oct 2011 09:17

Borderlands was pretty but after killing my billionth "skag" I was getting bored :D

Never played Fallout 3, though I do have it sat on my desk.

GM of Real-Life™

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Fangfury
Die-hard

Post by Fangfury » 05 Oct 2011 18:41

Borderlands rocks as does Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas and all its downloadable content. I have loved Fallout since it was shown at Gencon (many years ago) by Interplay (they also had the new Star Trek game on show).

I decided to bite too Mindy. Pre-ordered RAGE! this afternoon and its just been shipped, maybe receive it tomorrow.

My Steamworks ID is Mongoose if you want to friend me.

Part of the review that Dust linked:
'To give you a sense of how ridiculous this game can be, here's a sample mission: my goal is to go to the next town to drop off some supplies. First I have to speak to the mayor, who tells me I need to change out of my conspicuous clothes before he'll talk to me, so I have to find the tailor. No sweat, right? Back to the mayor.

Once I get my new clothes, the mayor says I have to rent garage space and talk to the sheriff. So I do those things, but the sheriff tells me I can't have the supplies that need to be delivered unless my buggy has guns. To get guns, I need to talk to the guy at the race track. After talking to the guy at the race track, I'm told I need to speak to another guy to set up races for the slips to get the guns—when I find that guy, he tells me to speak to his guy so he can schedule the race...

It's absurd and pointless. Why can't the first guy just set up the race? What designer sat down and said that the player should have to track down and speak to FOUR PEOPLE to get to the actual action?'

That sounds like WoW was for a few quests when you start in Elwynn Forest (Princess the pig and the bangle/necklace/whatever quest and its massive chains).

Maybe I made a mistake, but will have to wait and see.

The noble Argent Dawn looks beyond petty issues and differences
MindyMcfly
Die-Harder

Post by MindyMcfly » 06 Oct 2011 09:16

Its had mixed reviews, annoying how Americas had it since tuesday as well.

Old vanilla wow players should be hardened to crazy quest chains though heehee :lol:

GM of Real-Life™

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Ltuan
Die-hard

Post by Ltuan » 06 Oct 2011 13:26

Mmmmmmmmmmm... Vanilla favoured wow...
Ltuan / Ibu & Horde Defector...
Ixora

Post by Ixora » 07 Oct 2011 03:36

I wanted to preorder Rage via Steam... but luckily since I changed countries Steam does not work anymore for me. Glad I could not... after looking at some game footage this does not seem interesting, also it is rather short.

Never played Borderlands, but I found Fallout3 very boring too.

Mmmmmmm... vanilla... :D
Frozen by The Frozen Throne.