Germans! Please read

Here you can talk about everything that's offtopic.

Moderator: Dust

Tiel
Die-hard

Germans! Please read

Post by Tiel » 25 Mar 2013 11:00

Any Germans in the house?
I have a question regarding DAS KINO.
Since my stupid country decided to show the premiere of the Star Trek movie a whole BLEEP month later than the rest of the world, I'm wondering if any of you can tell me if there are any cinema's that a) show movies in ENGLISH, b) are close to the Dutch border (middle), like close to the highway starting at Emmerich to even Oberhausen/Essen or so since that's where we would exit the country, and c) have a website for it and where can i find it?

Since my friend and I are sorta Trek fanatics and can't wait, we need to see it as soon as possible.

Anyone?
Dust
The Boss

Re: Germans! Please read

Post by Dust » 25 Mar 2013 19:17

Only cursory related, but this event happens in the city next to where I live:

http://www.kkl-luzern.ch/navigation/top ... eOID=20102

Isn't it super cool? I was in the "Pirates of the Caribean: Live to Projection" event last year which was great. This is an older Star Trek, but still...

(For people who can't read german: There's a gigantic orchestra that plays the soundtrack to the movie, in real time. And loud!)
I do what I think is right. But I don't think that what I think is right can not be wrong.
Tiel
Die-hard

Post by Tiel » 26 Mar 2013 16:54

Ha! Awesome :) Would love to see that. Are you going?
You've given us a rather accurate location as to where you live, Dust :p Your identity is now narrowed down to approximately 50k individuals.
Dust
The Boss

Post by Dust » 26 Mar 2013 20:28

Yeah, I mentioned the city I live near already a few times in the past years. And there have been several people who followed my clues and found me :)

(Yima even called me at work... that was a surprise...)

But no, I am not going. The tickets are fairly pricy (150 swiss francs, 125 euros per ticket), not something I do more than maybe once a year or so.
I do what I think is right. But I don't think that what I think is right can not be wrong.
Idorian
Die-hard

Post by Idorian » 28 Mar 2013 09:42

Make a trip to Antwerp :) to see the movie.
Tiel
Die-hard

Post by Tiel » 28 Mar 2013 10:01

Idorian wrote:Make a trip to Antwerp :) to see the movie.
Considered that already of course, but guess what, same premiere date as in NL! Not gonna wait a month for it :)

Where are ze Germans??

-- edit: found some options, there are some international showings here and there in cinema's in most cities. Kleve and Bocholt have 1 English movie at the moment.
Yima

Post by Yima » 28 Mar 2013 13:05

German here, will check later... Probably answer this evening or tomorrow
Tiel
Die-hard

Post by Tiel » 28 Mar 2013 13:09

Yima wrote:German here, will check later... Probably answer this evening or tomorrow
Yay!
Also, give me Dusts name and address.
Dust
The Boss

Post by Dust » 28 Mar 2013 19:42

NO!
Yima

Post by Yima » 04 Apr 2013 09:34

ok... well i tried to check the web for any informations about movie start in Essen... Somehow... i cant find any information about an english version shown in Cinemaxx, Cinestar or other cinemas...
Maybe i should try to look more detailed... will give info, when i know more...
Tiel
Die-hard

Post by Tiel » 04 Apr 2013 15:56

Yima wrote:ok... well i tried to check the web for any informations about movie start in Essen... Somehow... i cant find any information about an english version shown in Cinemaxx, Cinestar or other cinemas...
Maybe i should try to look more detailed... will give info, when i know more...
No rush, no worries :) Still got a month! Can also google my ass off and work my way around the horrible language on all those websites, but maybe one of you knew the answer by heart already.
I prefer Swiss and Austrian. German is such an ugly language :) Maybe I should read those sites with a Swiss accent in my head.
Yima

Post by Yima » 05 Apr 2013 12:54

Haha, you should listen to my "badisch" slang... People say, we talk like we would sing ;)
Well tbh, i cant find any news on the cinemas about the movie... i can give you information, when they start showing it ;) or i can give you information, after i have seen it ;)
Tiel
Die-hard

Post by Tiel » 05 Apr 2013 14:42

Yima wrote:Haha, you should listen to my "badisch" slang... People say, we talk like we would sing ;)
Well tbh, i cant find any news on the cinemas about the movie... i can give you information, when they start showing it ;) or i can give you information, after i have seen it ;)
That will not be possible since I will want to see it on day 1 :) No matter where! I might even go to Sweden or England for the premiere.
Not because it might be such an awesome movie, it may not be, but it's Star Trek and that's all the reason I need :)
TNG Season 3 on bluray in 3-4 weeks, also very nice. It's so sharp and updated that it looks like you're watching a totally new show for the first time!
Yima

Post by Yima » 29 Apr 2013 14:52

Well, i found a cinema which shows "Into darkness" in original version... But it is in Bremen, where i live... I will look again for Essen, maybe i will find a solution there...

But if u wanna check for Bremen, here is the link for the premiere in English in Bremen

http://www.cinemaxx.de/Programm/Reservi ... 023NBQYJVD

Good luck so far Tiel :)
Yima

Post by Yima » 29 Apr 2013 15:04

Ah i found one in the Cinestar in Düsseldorf

http://www.cinestar.de/de/kino/duesseld ... arkness-3d

It seems to be OV :D