3.2.2 Patchnotes

Here you can ask everything that's WoW related.

Moderator: Dust

Dust
The Boss

3.2.2 Patchnotes

Post by Dust » 11 Sep 2009 15:01

Yay for mage changes!

[blue="Zarhym";"http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 9172&sid=1"]General

* The Brood Mother Returns

o After years of lurking in her lair battling the many brave adventurers who travelled from afar to challenge her, Onyxia returns stronger than before to commemorate World of Warcraft’s five-year anniversary.

+ Onyxia has been scaled to offer new challenges to level 80 players and is now available for testing in 10- and 25-player modes.
+ Adjusted for modern raiding, but with the fundamental experience of fighting the Brood Mother still in effect, including the horrors of her Deep Breaths!
+ Onyxia will now drop level 80 item versions of some classic loot items from the level 60 encounter.
+ Brood of Onyxia, a very rare 310%-speed mount modeled after Onyxia herself will be available for the luckiest of challengers.

* Armor Penetration Rating: The amount of armor penetration gained per point of this rating has been reduced by 12%.
* Copied Test Realm characters will no longer be copied with their achievement history in order to better facilitate the character copy process.

PvP

* Battlegrounds

o Players level 11 and higher will now always see a daily Battleground quest, as the quest giver will only offer daily quests for a Battleground in which a player is eligible to participate according to level bracket (i.e. players levels 11-20 will always be offered a Warsong Gulch daily quest, while players levels 11-50 will be offered either an Arathi Basin or a Warsong Gulch daily quest, etc.).

Death Knights

* Frost Presence: The damage reduction granted by this ability has been increased from 5% to 8%.
* Pets

o Gnaw: This death knight ghoul ability now has a 1-minute cooldown.

* Talents

o Blood

+ Heart Strike: Secondary targets of Heart Strike now take half as much damage.
+ Subversion: Now also increases the critical strike chance of Scourge Strike by 3/6/9%.
+ Vampiric Blood: Cooldown reduced to 1 minute and duration reduced to 10 seconds.

o Frost

+ Threat of Thassarian now also causes Rune Strike to use both weapons when dual-wielding.
+ Unbreakable Armor: Cooldown reduced to 1 minute and changed back to granting 25% additional armor while active instead of flat damage reduction based on armor. The amount of strength granted has been reduced to 10%.

o Unholy

+ Bone Shield: Cooldown reduced to 1 minute.
+ Dirge: This talent no longer grants additional runic power from using Obliterate.

Druids

* Talents

o Balance

+ Moonkin Form: This form now also reduces the damage the druid takes while stunned by 15%.
+ Typhoon: The daze duration has been increased from 3 seconds to 6 seconds.

o Feral Combat

+ Predatory Strikes: This talent now also causes the druid’s finishing moves to provide a 7/13/20% chance per combo point to make the next Nature spell with a cast time below 10 seconds instant cast.

Hunters

* Talents

o Beast Mastery

+ The Beast Within: The duration of this talent has been reduced to 10 seconds. In addition, hunters with this talent will do 10% additional damage at all times.
+ Bestial Wrath: The duration of this talent has been reduced to 10 seconds.

Mages

* Arcane Blast: The buff from using this ability now stacks up to 4 times instead of 3, and each application increases mana cost by 175% instead of 200%. In addition, the duration of the buff has been reduced to 6 seconds.
* Arcane Missiles: Casting this spell while both Missile Barrage and Clearcasting are active will cause only Missile Barrage to be consumed.
* Talents

o Arcane

+ Missile Barrage: The effect from triggering this talent now removes the mana cost of Arcane Missiles. In addition, the chance for Arcane Blast to trigger this talent is now 8/16/24/32/40%. All other listed spells continue to have a 4/8/12/16/20% chance to trigger it. This talent no longer has a chance to be triggered when spells miss.

o Fire

+ Combustion: This talent now also increases the critical strike damage bonus of Fire spells by 50% while it is active. In addition, Living Bomb periodic ticks will no longer interact with the count or the charges on the talent.

Paladins

* Righteous Fury: The bonus threat from Holy spells caused by this talent has been reduced from 90% to 80%.
* Seal of Corruption and Seal of Vengeance: These seals will now only use the debuff stacks generated by the attacking paladin to determine the damage done by the seal and by the judgement.
* Talents

o Protection

+ Blessing of Sanctuary: This blessing now grants 10% strength in addition to its current effects. Also, the strength and stamina bonuses from this blessing will no longer be lost when Blessing of Kings is removed.
+ Hammer of the Righteous: The damage from this ability is now considered physical instead of Holy. The threat generated by the ability has been increased such that it will continue to do approximately the same threat it did when it was Holy damage.
+ Judgements of the Just: The reduction in cooldown to Hammer of Justice provided by this talent has been reduced to 5/10 seconds instead of 10/20 seconds.
+ Touched by the Light: This talent now provides 20/40/60% of the paladin’s strength as spell power instead of 10/20/30% of the paladin’s stamina.

o Retribution

+ Seal of Command: This ability now chains to strike up to 2 additional targets when it is triggered by an attack that can only strike a single target.

Priests

* Talents

o Shadow

+ Improved Spirit Tap: Mind Flay periodic critical strikes now have a 50% chance to trigger this talent.
+ Twisted Faith now grants spell power equal to 4/8/12/16/20% of spirit, up from 2/4/6/8/10%.

Rogues

* Envenom’s scaling has been increased from 7% to 9% of attack power per combo point.
* Fan of Knives: The damage done by this ability has been reduced by 30%.
* Talents

o Assassination

+ Master Poisoner: No longer increases the Deadly Poison application rate following a successful Envenom and instead now provides a 33/66/100% chance of preventing Envenom from consuming Deadly Poison.

o Combat

+ Throwing Specialization: This talent no longer causes Fan of Knives to interrupt spellcasting.

o Subtlety

+ Honor Among Thieves: A 1-second cooldown is now enforced on how often a rogue can gain combo points from his party via this talent.

Shamans

* Flame Shock: The duration of all ranks has been increased by 6 seconds.
* Lava Burst: This ability no longer ever consumes a Flame Shock debuff off of the target.
* Talents

o Enhancement

+ Earthen Power: No longer causes Earthbind to pulse a persistent snare immunity aura. It does still remove snares from allies as an instant pulse, but there is no lingering immunity. Earthen Power now also brings Earth Shock’s melee attack speed reduction up to -15%/-20% (with 1 or 2 points in it, respectively).

Warriors

* Talents

o Arms

+ Sword Specialization: Now has a 2/4/6/8/10% chance to proc an extra attack, up from 1/2/3/4/5%.

Dungeons & Raids

* Shadowfang Keep

o Wailing Guardsman: Screams of the Past will no longer have multiple applications on a target. Recast time has been increased.

* Ulduar

o Increased the cooldown on Immortal Guardians' Drain Life ability in the Yogg-Saron encounter.

Achievements

* The Achievement "Iron, Dwarf Medium Rare (25 player)" now requires 25 kills, down from 50.
* The Frostwolf Howler and Stormpike Battle Charger Achievements will now be awarded when a player learns the respective mount spells.

Professions

* The blacksmiths of Orgrimmar grew tired of running to the rear of the city to craft items and have installed a new anvil & forge at the General Store in the Valley of Strength.
* Engineering

o The Mind Amplification Dish no longer changes the appearance of your helmet.

o Added a recipe for Runescroll of Brilliance. This item grants an intellect buff equal to 80% of the highest Arcane Intellect rank to all players in the raid. Does not stack with other intellect scrolls, Arcane Intellect, or Arcane Brilliance.
o Added a recipe for Runescroll of Fortitude. This item grants a stamina buff equal to the highest rank of Power Word: Fortitude (untalented) to all players in the raid. Does not stack with other stamina scrolls and Power Word: Fortitude.

* Leatherworking

o Added a recipe for Drums of Forgotten Kings. These drums increase all stats by 8% for all players in a raid. Does not stack with Blessing of Kings.
o Added a recipe for Drums of the Wild. These drums grant a buff equal to the highest rank of Mark of the Wild (untalented) to all players in a raid. Does not stack with Mark of the Wild.

Items

* The Black Heart: This item’s animation has been changed and no longer resembles Hand of Protection.
* Death Knight Tier-9 Tanking 4-Piece Set Bonus: Now decreases the cooldown on Vampiric Blood, Unbreakable Armor, and Bone Shield by 10 seconds instead of 20.
* Druid Tier-8 Healer 4-Piece Set Bonus: The amount of healing this set bonus grants on the initial cast of Rejuvenation has been reduced by 50%. In addition, this set bonus no longer has strange interactions with Harold’s Rejuvenating Broach.
* Glyphs

o Glyph of Flame Shock: Redesigned. This glyph now makes Flame Shock periodic damage able to be critical strikes.
o Glyph of Mind Flay: This glyph no longer reduces the magnitude of the movement reduction on the Mind Flay victim.
o Glyph of Scourge Strike: Redesigned. This glyph now causes Scourge Strike to extend the duration of Frost Fever and Blood Plague by 3 seconds each time Scourge Strike is used on a target, up to a maximum of 9 seconds.
o Glyph of Typhoon: This glyph now increases the range on Typhoon by 10 yards in addition to its current effects.
o Glyph of Unbreakable Armor: Now increases the armor gained from Unbreakable Armor by 20%.
o Glyph of Vampiric Blood: The glyph now increases the duration of Vampiric Blood by 5 seconds instead of 10.

* Libram of Obstruction: The buff to block value from this relic is now exclusive with the buff to block value from Libram of the Sacred Shield; it is impossible to have both buffs at once.
* Libram of the Sacred Shield: The block value buff from this relic has been increased to match its item level.
* Relics: All buffs provided by relics (idols, librams, totems and sigils) now share an exclusive category such that gaining a buff from one of these items will remove all other buffs gained from items in this category.
* Totem of Quaking Earth: Attack power value increased to 400.

User Interface

* Battleground Queuing

o Players may now only queue for no more than two Battlegrounds at a time.
o The dialog box for entering a Battleground match has been changed to reflect the following options: “Enter Battle,” “Leave Queue,” and “Minimize.”
o The time a player has to enter a battle when selected has been reduced to 40 seconds when not already in a Battleground and 20 seconds when in a Battleground.
o Players already in a Battleground can now choose “Enter Battle” for a new Battleground under any circumstance (i.e. while dead, in combat, falling, etc.).
o A new Battleground will not launch until the maximum number of players on each side are in the queue (i.e. 40 players per side for Alterac Valley).

* The size of the Focus Frame can now be adjusted via the Interface Options menu.
* Mail System Auto-Complete Feature

o The inline auto-complete feature for the mail system has been added back into the game. The mail system will now have both the pre- and post-3.2.0 auto-complete features available.
o Added a label to notify players that the Tab key will allow players to navigate through the character names listed via the auto-complete feature.

* For additional notes on Lua and XML changes please visit the UI & Macros Forum: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/board ... umId=11114

Bug Fixes

* Death Knight

o Rune of Razorice: The frost vulnerability granted by this enchantment will now increase the damage done by Frost Fever as intended.

* Druid

o Balance of Power: Misleading tooltip reworded. The tooltip previously reported an incorrect value for the increased chance to hit with spells. The actual benefit of the talent is unchanged.

* Hunter

o Master's Call: This ability now correctly removes the snaring component of Infected Wounds, Frostfire Bolt, and Slow.
o Trap Mastery’s (Survival) tooltip now states the correct amount of snakes summoned.

* Mage

o Arcane Missiles: Ranks 12 and 13 will now properly cause players to enter combat.

* Paladin

o Hand of Freedom: This ability now correctly removes the snaring component of Infected Wounds and Frostfire Bolt.

* Priest

o Divine Aegis: Ranks 1 and 2 will now work with Holy Nova.
o Glyph of Power Word: Shield now correctly uses the Priest’s spell critical chance instead of the target’s.

* Rogue

o Vanish: This ability now correctly removes the snaring component of Frostfire Bolt.
o Honor Among Thieves: This talent will now work properly again if two rogues with different ranks of the talent are in the same party.

* Shaman

o Grounding Totem will now properly protect against the Death Grip spell.
o Lava Burst can no longer deal critical damage to targets who are immune to critical strikes (due to, e.g. Roar of Sacrifice, Blessed Resilience).
o Lightning Shield: This spell will no longer set off some trinkets when it is cast.
o Stoneclaw Totem's pulses will no longer break stealth on nearby hostile units.
o Thunderstorm and Shamanistic Rage can no longer be used while Frozen, Cycloned, Sapped, or Incapacitated.

* Warlock

o Demonic Circle: This ability now correctly removes the snaring component of Frostfire Bolt.
o Fel Armor: This spell was unable to set off trinkets and other effects. That has been corrected.
o When using Shadowbolt or Incinerate while having Backlash and Backdraft active, only Backlash will now be properly consumed.

* Coliseum Trinkets: Some spells that should have triggered these trinkets will now trigger them (such as Holy Nova and Fel Armor).
* Death Knight Tier-9 DPS 4-Piece Set Bonus: Now grants the correct chance for disease damage ticks to be critical strikes.
* Hunter Tier-9 2-Piece Set Bonus: Critical damage from Serpent Sting will now work properly with the Mortal Shots and Expose Weakness talents.
* Lightweave Embroidery: This tailoring item enhancement will no longer trigger from the periodic healing granted by the warlock spell Fel Armor.
* Mote of Flame: Corrected a typo in the tooltip.
* Paladin Tier-9 DPS 2-Piece Set Bonus: Now grants the correct chance for Righteous Vengeance ticks to be critical strikes.
* Shard of Flame: Corrected a typo in the tooltip.
* Val’anyr, Hammer of The Ancient Kings: Healing from Prayer of Mending now triggers the shield from this item. In addition, a bug was corrected which would cause the shield points to be overwritten rather than stack up as intended.[/blue]
I do what I think is right. But I don't think that what I think is right can not be wrong.
MindyMcfly
Die-Harder

Re: 3.2.2 Patchnotes

Post by MindyMcfly » 11 Sep 2009 15:16

Im sure patches never came this thick and fast before...... mabe Im getting old :roll:
----------------------------------------

GM of Real-Life™

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Knix

Post by Knix » 12 Sep 2009 01:06

Yay for assassination buff even if it's only a small one :D
i r kappa.
Genetics
Die-hard

Post by Genetics » 12 Sep 2009 13:57

A small bug for tanks :) and i thought it would only be at 3.3 ... :p

The strange part is that they are goign back like how dk's were at start: spamming CD's . 1 min ... lasts 10 - 15sec
Jem
Die-hard

Post by Jem » 14 Sep 2009 08:51

Any ideas when this will be live? :)
Cyberia
Site Admin

Post by Cyberia » 22 Sep 2009 14:40

Live this week apparently .. woot !! :)
Pygo

Post by Pygo » 22 Sep 2009 15:01

Pygo: Level 85 Draenei Priest
Phocuz: Level 85 Gnome Mage
Dust
The Boss

Post by Dust » 22 Sep 2009 15:08

I know onlyxia already... she's easy with our gear :) (at the moment)
I do what I think is right. But I don't think that what I think is right can not be wrong.
MindyMcfly
Die-Harder

Post by MindyMcfly » 22 Sep 2009 15:19

More dots!

GM of Real-Life™

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Dust
The Boss

Post by Dust » 22 Sep 2009 15:24

:(

Don't make fun of arcane magic, just because we have no dots...
MindyMcfly
Die-Harder

Post by MindyMcfly » 23 Sep 2009 10:49

Anyone confirm this has gone live today?

GM of Real-Life™

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Dust
The Boss

Post by Dust » 23 Sep 2009 10:53

Yesterday in the US. So, most likely.
Noolah

Post by Noolah » 23 Sep 2009 11:00

It has. I downloaded and installed 64MB of patch this morning.
Dust
The Boss

Post by Dust » 26 Sep 2009 11:53

3.2.2a is out:

Seems Crusader was nerfed.

[blue="SomeBlue";"http://www.mmo-champion.com/news-2/patc ... lue-posts/"]Make sure you check the Recent In-Game Fixes - September 2009 for more details on this changes.

Faction Champions (Damage reduced in 10 and 25-man normal modes)

* Vampiric Touch - Causes 12375 Shadow damage over 15 sec to your target. (Down from 20250 damage)
* Arcane Blast - Blasts the target with energy, dealing 6013 to 6987 Arcane damage. (Down from 7863 to 9137 damage)
* Arcane Barrage now deals 11565 damage over 15 sec (Down from 13875) and causes 20817 to 24183 damage if dispelled. (Down from 24975 to 29025 damage)
* Hellfire now deals 2500 fire damage to all nerby enemies every 1 sec. (Down from 5500 damage)
* Explosive Shot now deals 1813 to 2187 Fire damage. (Down from 3173 to 3827 Fire damage)
* Aimed Shot now increases ranged damage by 1750. (Down from 3000)
* Eviscerate now causes 4375 to 5625 Physical damage. (Down from 5688 to 7312 Physical damage)
* Judgement of Command now causes 3325 to 3675 Holy damage. (Down from 4750 to 5250 Holy damage)

Twins Valkyrs

* Twin's Pact - The Twin's Pact heals for 50% of their total HP. (Up from 20%)

Koralon the Flame Watcher

* Burning Breath now has a 6 sec cooldown to prevent him from casting it immediately after Blazing Embers.[/blue]