Warcraft the Movie

Here you can ask everything that's WoW related.

Moderator: Dust

Tiel
Die-hard

Warcraft the Movie

Post by Tiel » 20 Jun 2016 10:48

Hi guys,

have you seen it yet?
Saw it 2 weeks ago with Nanaki and Allarick in the cinema (we were the only ones there).
I was pleasantly entertained, liked it a lot.
Great action, good connection to the true Warcraft feeling and lore, acceptable acting and a decent story. Cleared up some bits about parts of the lore I didn't know.
They threw lots of names and locations around in a very short time to get the non Warcraft people up to speed, but I can imagine that it's too many names to know who is who.
Nevertheless, wonderfully animated. Can recommend!
I wonder why it's not a success in the US though. Boxofficemojo says only 10% of income generated is from the US. Usually that's at least around 50.

--Tiel
Idorian
Die-hard

Re: Warcraft the Movie

Post by Idorian » 21 Jun 2016 10:30

I saw it 3 weeks ago with my brother. I was very happy to see that it wasn't such a bad movie as some other game based movies. As you already mentioned I'm not sure if people who know nothing about Warcraft would love it. I found it pretty ok as it isn't easy to get Orc look good on the screen and not like some puppets or something. Always fun to recognize the names of the characters, places etc as I'm not very into the lore of Warcraft (I know shame on me). Sadly I did not receive the free account :s as I could use it :p
Elemag

Post by Elemag » 18 Aug 2016 19:33

Me and Kido went to watch it. I like it a lot, although I've regret I started with the alliance after the Horde intro in the beginning. :)
I have half my keyboard bound to taunt and the other half bound to sunder.
I just smash my face on my keyboard and mobs aggro to me.
Tiel
Die-hard

Post by Tiel » 18 Aug 2016 22:47

About time ;)