LO all got a question

Here you can talk about everything that's offtopic.

Moderator: Dust

Ijsmannetje

LO all got a question

Post by Ijsmannetje » 24 Apr 2007 22:37

incase you did not know allready ..I left WoW some days ago , my mage and pala will be taken over by My Fav FooL gopher ..anyways i`m moving to LOTRO, so I was wondering if any of you guys are playing LOTRO ..if so on what server and char names ?? :)

...so maybe we can team up sometime :)

i`ll be playing a burglar as my main dunno what server yet since i`m installing now :)

my char name will be Edhelraenir if it`s not taken allready :S

anyways ..hello to all you TCWèrs who still remember me :)
and wish you all the best of luck in WoW and IRL

/salute
/wave
Stuvvie
Die-hard

Post by Stuvvie » 25 Apr 2007 20:16

I think Mog was playing it but don't think you'll see him here alot anymore, might be a idea to check if he has a email left somewhere in his profile :)
Nochnoy & Stuvvie

Just plays a game, for fun.
Billy

Post by Billy » 25 Apr 2007 20:44

noolah is playing it, under the name noolah;) not sure what server, or even if lotr has servers
Ijsmannetje

Post by Ijsmannetje » 25 Apr 2007 22:07

Yes Lotro has servers ..I`m playing on [EN]Evernight ...btw
Etherus

Post by Etherus » 25 Apr 2007 23:25

:? Little question doesnt LOTR suck pretty much? I hear only bad storys of it that you cannot level very high and that it gets pretty boring after a week? can you maybe post some experience of the game and some screenies?
Joe

Post by Joe » 26 Apr 2007 08:29

Hey Isj :) im very curious about the game and want some info on it 2, how is it compared to WoW ?
Esoteric
Die-hard

Post by Esoteric » 26 Apr 2007 11:43

i dont think there is any game that you can compare to wow, wow has so much stuff in it, it will be either lame or a wow copy in my eyes.
i mean we have enchants gems pvp servers pve with arena 5 man 10 man 25 man 40 mans etc etc as far as i know if you are addicted to wow or was and did all the high end stuff i dont think any game in time is gonna satisfy my like wow, same happend with CS with me, i never ever liked any other 3d shooter cause if its wasnt online its bored and i played the game till the end in just a few days , and oline its sucky as CS is realy nice, nice game speed nice gameplay and footsteps is what makes it cool without cheats :)
Don't micromanage my psychodamage.
Jora
Ex-boss

Post by Jora » 26 Apr 2007 12:45

You are aware that a lot of the stuff in WoW is a copy from older games, right, Eso?
Esoteric
Die-hard

Post by Esoteric » 26 Apr 2007 16:36

course what game is 100% original anyway

what i ment is wow is prolly the best in its gerne so prolly hard to replace, just liek CS how many games are better atm ? i believe none come close and how old is that game? 10 years orso ?
Don't micromanage my psychodamage.
Ijsmannetje

Post by Ijsmannetje » 26 Apr 2007 22:30

Well LoTro is pretty fun ..and has some elements of WoW ..and some new ones ..LOTRO is focussed on PvE mostly ..though you can play a Badguy aswell in "monsterplay"
this monsterplay is really fun you can play a monster char and kill other normal players in an instance ..this is a verry big place ..almost like the place you quest normally ..you can do quest aswell wich earn you destiny points , wich you can use to upgrade your monsterplayer ..or your main char. epic Battles are fought in there i can tell you that :) ...a valley filled with wargs and urukai and spiders on a rampage ..meeting up with an army of good guys in the middle ..is golden :)

PvE wise it`s a great game ..especially the "conjunctions" are cool ..these are combos mostly started by a burglar ..where every member of your fellowship gets the option to do a damaging/poisoning/aoe healing...and so on .. everybody makes their choice of action and after that the team does a teamcombo like in the fighting games ..really funny :)
and if ppl say they can`t level much i guess they played the beta where there was a lvl 15 lvl cap .
The level cap in retail is 50 atm ..and will be raised with the next expansion probably this year ...+ the leveling takes a long time when you pass the 20 mark ..i think you could compare it to leveling from 1 to 70 in WoW .
+ in LOTRO all of us are noobs again so leveling your first char will take some time :)

WoW is a great game and still number one for sure ..but LOTRO is great alternative for those that are tired of WoW

and ofc the graphics are absolutely amazing ...if you log into WoW after playing LOTRO ..you feel like you are looking at Doom 1 after playing Doom 3 for a day ..:)

aaaah my eyes ...everything is so pixelated :S ... :P

anyways if you wanna try the game ..i got one guestpass ..so i don`t mind giving it to one of you guys

thx for the replies

/salute
/wave

P.S. LOTRO made smoking cool again ..activate sleepy mood (Mood_sleepy) and type /smoke for a laugh :wink:
Joe

Post by Joe » 27 Apr 2007 08:18

quote: epic Battles are fought in there i can tell you that ...a valley filled with wargs and urukai and spiders on a rampage ..meeting up with an army of good guys in the middle ..is golden

That sold me :P to damn curious not to try it so think im gonna pick up a copy today.
No worries peeps im still gonna play wow and raids, afterall still got to many friends in wow to ditch it for a other game